Events - Event View
This is the "Event Detail" view, showing all available information for this event.
If registration is required or recommended, click the 'Register Now' button to start the process.
If the event has passed, click the "Event Report" button to read a report and view photos that were uploaded.
Travel Team - Tour De Melon - Chiefland, FL - Century, Half Century, or Paved Trail Ride
Charles Strickland Recreational Park
2340 Old Fannin Rd
Chiefland, FL 32626
Travel Team Ride
Being a member of the NFBC Travel Team is easy and open to all NFBC members.
1) Register for the ride.
2) Wear an NFBC or major event jersey during the event.
3) Sign the NFBC Travel Team ride sheet and follow all NFBC ride rules.
Email Travel Team Captain at firstname.lastname@example.org if you plan to participate.
Members pay for their own charges
Paved trail or road -- Your choice!!
Choose either a paved trail or a road route at the Tour de Melon starting in Chiefland, FL.
The flat terrain on well-marked, rural highways makes this a good "starter ride" for those looking to do their first century.
Rest/snack stops, SAG, t-shirt and lunch provided.
After the ride, visit the Annual Chiefland Watermelon Festival.
Click the number for Ride With GPS maps:
Nature Coast Trail routes: 20, 32, 43, 58 miles
Road routes: 50 100 miles
All routes count for NFBC miles and points.
until 5/23 $60
day of ride $70
Schedule of Events
Fri 04 June 2021
Sat 05 June 2021
Before the Ride
- 6:30 a.m. – 7:15 a.m. – Strickland Park
- Check-in opens
- On-site registration
- 7:20 a.m. – Greeting and National Anthem
- 7:30 a.m. – Mass Ride Start – All distances
- Century and half-century riders upfront
- Trail riders behind century and half-century riders
After the Ride
- Lunch provided
- Beer Garden – 1 free beer per rider
- Water Mister