Events - Event View
This is the "Event Detail" view, showing all available information for this event.
If registration is required or recommended, click the 'Register Now' button to start the process.
If the event has passed, click the "Event Report" button to read a report and view photos that were uploaded.
Travel Team - Tour De Melon - Chiefland, FL - Century, Half Century, or Paved Trail Ride
Charles Strickland Recreational Park
2340 Old Fannin Rd
Chiefland, FL 32626
Travel Team Ride
Registration is required
Being a member of the NFBC Travel Team is easy and open to all NFBC members.
1) Register for the ride.
2) Wear an NFBC or major event jersey during the event.
3) Sign the NFBC Travel Team ride sheet and follow all NFBC ride rules.
Email Travel Team Captain at firstname.lastname@example.org if you plan to participate.
Members pay for their own charges
• Tour de Melon is a family trail ride AND a century ride on an area highway route.
• Join us for an unforgettable ride through rural America.
• Enjoy the beautiful scenery with broad areas of ranches, crop land and nature; the camaraderie of hundreds of other cyclists, and delicious fresh sweet watermelon!
• The century route is flat, on good roads with low traffic.
• Road - 50 & 100 miles
• Nature Coast Trail - 32, 43, 57 miles
All routes count for NFBC miles and points.
Schedule of Events
Fri 03 June 2022
Sat 04 June 2022
Before the Ride
- 6:30 a.m. – 7:15 a.m. – Strickland Park
- Check-in opens
- On-site registration
- 7:20 a.m. – Greeting and National Anthem
- 7:30 a.m. – Mass Ride Start – All distances
- Century and half-century riders upfront
- Trail riders behind century and half-century riders
After the Ride
- Lunch provided
- Beer Garden – 1 free beer per rider
- Water Mister